Change My Facebook Name can occur anytime because events are inevitable in our lifetime. For this reasons, status, especially our names, is bound to change. Considering the fact that there are so many reasons why we want to change our name, like marital status, I will take you through the basic steps to help you change your Facebook name.
There are certain Facebook policies that are necessary in the process of changing or adding any name to your Facebook profile. Facebook demands transparency from its users, as you are expected to change your name correctly and truthfully. In addition, Facebook permits the use of multiple language characters, different kind of title, repeated characters or punctuation, numbers, irregular capitalization and many more. Certainly, nothing is too ridiculous about what makes up your name and Facebook allows this change. Note that one of the policies of changing Facebook name is that once it’s changed, you will not be able to change it again in the next 60 days. Take a walk with me and together, I will show you how you can change your Facebook name on any of your mobile device.
How to Change Facebook Name on your Web Browser or Mobile
As a Facebook user, there are required steps and processes involved. The following steps are used by Facebook users via web browser. Irrespective of the` device:
- Enter facebook.com and sign in with your log in details if you aren’t already logged in. Now, your news feed page is being displayed.
- Check and click on the down arrow icon that’s to the right of the question mark icon. A drop down menu pops up.
- Click on “settings” and you will be on to your account settings page.
This will bring up your general account settings page where you can edit most of your account details which includes your name, username, contact, ad account contact, or deactivate your account. Here, we will talk about changing your Facebook Name, so you’ll click on the “Name” link. A form containing your name will be displayed.
Change Your Facebook Name on Facebook
It’s quite an easy step to follow.
- Click on the “First” “Middle” and “Last” name and fill in appropriately with your first, middle and last name respectively. Underneath the text fields is a message about Facebook naming terms and condition. You can “Learn More” to know more about their terms.
- If you have other names you might want to add or change, click on the “add or change other names” link and effect it.
- This in turn, takes you to where your details are, right on your profile page.Click on the “Review Change” button.
- A page pops up with “Preview Your New Name”. Here, you can select how you want your name to be on your profile. Type in your password in the “password” area and click on“Save Changes” to finish the process.
How to Change Facebook Name on Facebook Mobile App
- Open your Facebook app, and log in if you aren’t already logged in.
- Right on your news feed page, tap the three horizontal lines at the bottom right corner of your iPhone screen, or at the top-right corner of your android screen.
- Get to your account settings page and choose “Account Settings”
- Choose“General” and see all your general settings. Tap on “Name” section and edit your name. A form will come up that contains your name.
- Simply tap on the “First Name”, “Middle Name” or “Last Name” fields to make changes to your first name, middle name, and last name.
Complete the process by clicking on “Review Change” once through. Choose how you want your name to be displayed in the next page that pops up. Type in your password afterwards and tap “Save Changes”.