ICT Fund wishes to offer Scholarship to Emirati students and graduates through the “Betha Program”. The ICT Fund has interest to support the technological education of Emiratis. This is by introducing “Betha program”. This program is for undergraduate and graduate level students that have interest in studying ICT related subjects.
The Aspiring Education Foundation is offering a balance of management and practical training at ICMS. As a leading school filled with professionals and students within a culture of innovation and entrepreneurialism, it’s working together to produce leaders in business, events, hospitality, international business etc.
Trinity Residential College Scholarships 2018/2019 details have been reviewed here. Get full details to Trinity College Scholarships. [Read more…]
The University of Bridgeport is offering General Academic Scholarships to all qualified Undergraduate International Students for them to pursue a bachelor degree.
All Academic Scholarships awards are renewable yearly, and based on satisfactory academic achievement with good standing at the University of Bridgeport. All incoming undergraduate international students are considered for these Academic Scholarships awards, as far as all application materials are received by the deadline.
The University of Bridgeport is indeed a perfect Academic Scholarships environment to develop your leadership skills and interests. For example, you can raise money for charity, design a solar car, or possibly lead your residence hall soccer team to a championship.
- Deadline for Application: December 1st, 2018
- Course Level: Graduate degree program.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to all the subjects which are offered by the university
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship to be awarded to the students up to $11,000 to $17,000.
- Number of Scholarships: Six Scholarships
- Nationality: Available for international students.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Available for international students.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicant must meet the following Academic Scholarships criteria: Applicants with the first degree from a recognized university and academically talented, disadvantaged based on the criteria of disability, socioeconomic status, and are not engaged at work at all. Have financial difficulty to finance graduate university education and have leadership/community giveback experience or potential. International undergraduate students, who wish to apply for an athletic scholarship, must take the SAT Examination. The Department of Athletics at the University of Bridgeport offers athletic grants to those individuals, who demonstrate superior athletic abilities and also meet the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and University of Bridgeport regulations for eligibility.
How to Apply: Check the Link
Find My Device, previously called Device Manager, offers the easiest way to track an Android or iPhone. It’s a free app from Google Play, and you can also access the service from any browser by visiting google.com/android/find should your device become lost. Find My Device offers options to ring, lock or erase your device should it get out of your hands.
Another option, if your phone is switched off, is to check your location history to find its last reported location. You can do this by visiting myaccount.google.com/activitycontrols and tapping on Manage Activity under Location History. You’ll now see a map of all the places in which your device has reported its location during a time period that you specify. The last known location is where Google last saw it before the battery died, and if your luck’s in it may still be there.
Note that location history uses Wi-Fi- and mobile signals rather than GPS, so it won’t be as accurate as Android Device Manager.
How to recover lost iPhone using Find My iPhone (even when it’s dead or not powered on)
Find My iPhone: It can be very devastating to loose a smartphone these days especially for the fact that there are important details you need to put into consideration. As an iPhone user, if your smartphone has become your personal assistant, there certainly is an important information right there that shouldn’t be compromised. So, with all things being equal, it is imperative to find a quick method to enable you recover the phone. Not to worry, I will take you through the basic steps to help you recover your lost phone, whether your battery is dead or alive
In this article, you will discover simple ways/steps on how to rescue your lost iPhone (even when not connected to the internet). You will equally learn other simple methods on how best to remotely clear the device in other to prevent sensitive information from going to the wrong hands.
How to set up ‘Find My iPhone’ in your iPhone 8 and iPhone X
To make it easy to search and recover any misplaced or lost iPhone, there’s an important feature to set up first, which is called Find My iPhone. This can be enabled under Settings app. This feature can make recovering your stolen or lost iPhone pretty easy to locate, even with a dead battery. If Send Last Location is enabled on your smartphone, Apple will get a notification of your phone’s last GPS coordinate. Note that this amazing ‘Find My iPhone’ feature can work successfully if your phone has access to internet connection where it is. If peradventure your battery is dead, or mobile data or Wi-Fi is turned off, you may only be notified of the last known location of the device where it last had access to the internet.
If you want to enable Find My iPhone and Send Last Location, follow these simple productive steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone
- Tap your Apple ID at the top
- Goto iCloud
- Go down and tap Find My iPhone
- Tap on the switch to enable it
- Toggled on Send Last Location
What to do if ‘Find My iPhone’ was not enabled before Phone got Lost?
If you did not enable Find My iPhone before your mobile device got lost, it can still be tracked using Google location history. This also needs to be enabled in your phone first, before being used or becoming useful. If peradventure your location history in your Google Maps app was turned on, you will be able to get a profoundly general idea about the last known location of your phone. The following steps will take you through tracking your phone’s location history.
- In your desktop or mobile, open maps.google.com/locationhistory in your web browser.
- Sign in to your Google account or the one logged into your lost iPhone if you use multiple Google accounts.
- Pick the date that you lost your phone.
- Check out the last known address of your mobile device.
Apart from reporting your stolen device, it is advisable to remotely wipe your phone’s details, especially if you were using it for Apple Pay, or if it contains really important personal information. If you’re wondering how to delete credit card information from Apple Pay, here’s how it’s done:
How To Delete Credit Card Information From Apple Pay
- Go to your computer and open your web browser; go to iCloud.com.
- Sign in to your account (Note: It should be the same iCloud account you’re using in your lost phone.
- Click on the Settings app.
- At the bottom, under the My Devices section, click on the device you’d like to wipe Apple Pay from — you should see an Apple Pay logo next to any device set up with the service.
- Click on Remove All…
- Now, all cards in association with Apple Pay will/can no longer be allowed to make any transactions using that device.
It’s true that you’ll need to use your unique fingerprint to authorize Apple Pay, but it’s highly recommended that all credit card information is totally removed from that device to be safe.
How to find your iPhone Using a Computer
If you don’t have access to another iPhone to use Find My iPhone, then you can use a computer and go to iCloud.com. Follow the steps below:
- Open any web browser.
- Go to iCloud.com and log into your iCloud account. Ensure this is the same iCloud account you’re using in your lost phone.
- Click on Find iPhone in the main menu.
- Enter your Apple ID and password and sign in if prompted
- Click on All Devices at the top.
- Click the device name for the device you’d like to track.
- You can zoom in and out of the map as you desire. In the map page, you’ll also encounter three options — Play sound, Lost mode, and Erase.
Below are the explanations for each of them:
Play sound option allows you to send a command to your iPhone, so it makes a sound to draw attention. It will override whatever sound settings you set in your device. Irrespective of the fact that it’s on vibrate or silent mode, your iPhone will continue to make a sound.
Lost mode option will send a command to your device so it displays a phone number you’ve nominated to be displayed on the screen. If with the right hands, he/she that is with the phone will contact you. Unfortunately, Lost mode will only work in your lost iPhone if it still powers on. If it isn’t, you’ll still be able to access Lost mode in another iPhone or computer, just that it won’t be activated in your lost device. Once it powers back on and connects to the internet, the Lost mode will automatically be activated. Note that Lost mode will activate location services, even if you disable it before the device gets lost.
Erase option is most useful in a situation where finding your iPhone has become almost impossible, and you possibly don’t want anyone to access your information. In this situation, we suggest that you wipe the phone clean by using Erase, to avoid risking sensitive data. This option helps your iPhone to be wiped clean, and all user data that were not uploaded to iTunes or iCloud before, will be gone forever. Even if you eventually find your phone, those data you’ve wiped will be gone forever.
How to find your iPhone using another iPhone or iPad
When using another iPhone or iPad in locating your lost iPhone, you’ll need a mobile app called Find My iPhone app. It’s usually a pre-installed app in any iPhone but if the one you’re using does not have any one installed, you can easily get one for free from the App Store. Once installed, follow these steps:
- Open the Find My iPhone app.
- Log in with your iCloud ID.
- Tap on the name of the device that you’d like to track.
- Tap on Actions at the bottom, just to see your options.
Here, you have access to the same 3 options you have in the web view of iCloud. You can check above to know how it works.
The Global Diversity Scholarship is here to make sure specific regions are represented at Kent State campus, with international new Freshman that demonstrate excellent academics skills. The specific regions are the underrepresented regions and can apply for this scholarship.
The Kent State University is primarily large public research university located in Kent, Ohio, United States. The university has seven regional campuses in Northeast Ohio with additional facilities.
- Deadline for Applications: October 1st, 2018
- Course Level: For undergraduate programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is availablefor those subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: One-time award from $2,000-$31,856.00 to awardees
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Scholarship can be taken in USA
Countries Eligible: Available for international students
Applicants ought to meet the following criteria:
- International new Freshman that demonstrate excellent academics and come from underrepresented regions
- Jointly nominated by the departments and the Office of Global Education
- Students will add to the diversity of the student population based on the country/region of origin or ethnolinguistic background
- Having a minimal overall GPA of 3.0 on US 4.0 scale
- Unconditional Admission to Kent State University as a freshman
English Language Requirements:
The applicants must be fluent in the use of English.
How to Apply: Students will need to submit scholarship application form that includes an essay to be considered for the scholarship.
The Google Android Oreo package has come on board. Following its public release on August 2017 as the Eighth update and the number 15th version, the latest Android Os version, Oreo, is steadily finding its way into more and more Android smartphones.
Just like the other older versions, Google has released the Android 8.0, but if it hasn’t gotton to you, then there are some factors you need to consider. Most of the time, your manufacturer and carrier (in case you own a carrier version) controls when your phone will get Oreo. Other factors to be considered are your specific model, your location, or if you bought the device unlocked or through a carrier.
Andriod 8.0 Oreo is smarter, faster, more powerful and it’s the world’s favorite cookie.
The Android 8 Oreo features
The Android 8.0 has some unique features that you would like to have a feel of.
- Redesigned settings menu
- Persistent notifications
- Adaptive icons
- Snooze notifications
- Notification channels
- Notification dots
- Wi-Fi Assistant
- Picture-in-picture mode
- Background execution limits
- Autofill API
- Project Treble
- High performance Bluetooth audio
- Android Instant Apps
Other basic Features that may interest you are:
Background limits: Andriod 8.0 Oreo assists to minimize background activity in the apps you use least.
Autofill: This feature, with your permission, remembers your logins to get you into your favorite apps at supersonic speed.
Smart text selection: Android Oreo will recognize text when you tap or select. Afterwards, it will recommend a next logical step via a suggested app.
Picture in Picture: With this feature, Android 8.0 Oreo gives you the privilege to see two apps at once.
Android Instant Apps: Go directly into new apps right from your browser. You need not to install them.
Google Play Protect: The Andriod 8.0 Oreo keeps your device and data safe by scanning more than a billion apps per day, including those you have not scanned.
An instant life saver: Whatever you are doing and wherever you are, you can feel confident about keeping your battery full of life.
Express yourself freely with Emoji: Share what you feel freely with a fully redesigned emoji set with over 60 new emoji.
Do you have interest to study at University in Dubai? The University of Wollongong located in Dubai is currently offering Undergraduate Academic Merit Scholarship to study in Dubai. The Dubai scholarship is for applicants from all around the world.
The University of Wollongong in Dubai (UOWD) is actually one of the oldest and most prestigious in UAE. All the programs held in UOWD are accredited by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research and quality.
Instructions are in English and it is expected that all applicants ought to demonstrate an adequate level of English language proficiency for enrollment into the program.
- Deadline for Application: September 6th, 2018
- Level of Course: Scholarships are available for undergraduate degree programme.
- Subject to Study: Scholarships are currently available for all courses offered in the university.
- Scholarship Award given:There are three categories of scholarship
- 50% scholarship
- 25% scholarship
- 15% scholarship
Though the number of scholarships is limited, for your application to be considered, you ought to meet the selection criteria for the relevant category
- Nationality: All students of any citizenship
- Number of Scholarships: No numbers
- Scholarship can be taken in UAE
How to Apply: To apply for the UOWD Scholarships, submit an Application for scholarship form. This comes along with supporting documentation relevant to the Registrar’s Department, Documents attached are academic transcripts, completion certificate, awards, referee reports, alumni ID, as appropriate.
The Quintin Hogg – Westminster Outreach Scholarships are available to students who want to hold an offer for a full-time undergraduate degree at the University.
The University of Westminster is a public university in London, United Kingdom and requires candidates that have a very good usage of the English language.
- Deadlinefor Application: July 27th, 2018
- Levelof course: Scholarship is for full-time undergraduate degree programme.
- Subjectof study:Any of the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award:Up to £4,000 per academic year
- Number of Scholarships:About 20 awards
- Scholarship can be taken in theUK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Countries Eligible are: UK and EU students are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements:You ought to hold a full-time undergraduate degree offer at the University and be from the UK or EU.
- English Language Requirements: Avery good command of English language is a must.
Please take into account the following when making your application:
- All application must be typed.
- All sections of the application form must be completed or incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Submit all the required supporting documentation
- Do not submit more than the requested documentation. Do not send original documents.
- International undergraduate and postgraduate students will only apply for one type of scholarship.
- Spend time creating a polished and professional application. You’re in competition with some of the strongest students in the world.
- Do not exceed the word limit for any section of the application.
- Check your application for spelling and grammar errors when completed.
How to Apply:
All applications are to be sent to the Scholarships Office, the University of Westminster by post.